Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
DIY Phone Scope Mount
06-19-2015, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 01:31 PM by utahtradhunter.)
DIY Phone Scope Mount
Hey everyone just thought I would share an idea that I had recently and show you how I am going about making it, i sure hope this works as I am really excited to start scouting here soon.

I have been wanting a Phone Skope for my iphone to be able to put on my spotting scope but I didn't want to fork out the money. I have decided I am going to make my own. I have an iphone 5 so I went to Walmart and picked up a $4.00 hard case (Yes it will be painted) Confused

I then went to the hardware isle and found these pole socket holders for $0.98, the diameter is a little wider than my spotting scope so I will need to figure out something to fill that gap so the phone scope can make snug fit onto the spotting scope.

I then put my phone in its pretty little case and marked where my pole socket mount should go so I will be able to see through my camera lens on my phone.
I then attached the pole socket mount to the camera using some JB Weld and let it dry over night.

This is as far as I have gotten, I will finish it up this weekend and let you take a look at the results, I hope this is helpful.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2015, 03:20 PM
RE: DIY Phone Scope Mount
thanks man. I have made one of these my self awhile ago. Works great!!

58"Zipper SXT 48#
58" Zipper Zipstick 53#
Grizzly Broadheads 160g
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply