Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2016 Sheds
02-26-2016, 09:47 AM
2016 Sheds
Anybody been out picking up any bone this year? I was out moving trail cameras a few weeks ago and saved what was left of this crusty old shed... hopefully the picture attaches, I had to re-size and save in a different format.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2016, 07:01 PM
RE: 2016 Sheds
I have been out walking some. I will be putting boots on the ground now that all my bucks have dropped their antlers. Wish I could find muley sheds in PA.

58"Zipper SXT 48#
58" Zipper Zipstick 53#
Grizzly Broadheads 160g
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-29-2016, 12:02 PM
We're having a really weird winter in North Dakota... temps have been crazy warm with hardly any snow. It's great for the health of the mule deer herds, but I think it will be at least another 2-3 weeks before antlers really start to drop.
03-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Have been out a little bit, just walking though really to shake off some cabin fever. I have found one dead head so far unfortunately. Will attach a picture later.
03-11-2016, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 11:25 AM by Strand.)
It's always tough for me to find a dead head, especially if it's a nice deer. But, they do make for some really cool conversation pieces when they're hanging up on the wall. Sadly, the 3 biggest sets of mule deer antlers I have are deadheads I picked up while out hunting or scouting/shed hunting. If anyone is interested, I could post up some pictures. I went out for an overnighter last weekend and glassed up a ton of mule deer still packing head gear, and even ran across a few nice bull elk while scouting an area I had never been in to before.

Here is a picture of the lone shed I picked up. A decent whitetail shed in the middle of mule deer country, go figure. I did see a group of 7 whitetails bedded very close to where I picked this up, so I'm guessing at least one or two of them were bucks that had dropped their antlers. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and match it up.

I also have to share the coolest find of my life so far, the remains of a stone arrowhead I picked up within about 200 yards of that whitetail shed! The top part of the head was broken off, but the business end is still there. The pictures are from my phone and don't really capture just how cool this thing is. Anyone else ever pick up an arrowhead while out in the woods?

03-16-2016, 04:47 PM
That is super cool man. I picked up a little dink the other day on my property, but haven't had much luck since. I have never found an arrow head, maybe some day Smile

58"Zipper SXT 48#
58" Zipper Zipstick 53#
Grizzly Broadheads 160g
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user