Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tall Tines Recurve
06-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Tall Tines Recurve
Anyone shoot or have shot a Tall Tines takedown recurve??? saw and handled one at supershow in Cleveland Ohio...loved it, but didnt get a chance to shoot it..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: Tall Tines Recurve
I had one of his bows brand new, It was fast and shot great. This bow must have been tillered split, I shoot 3 under and could not get it as quiet as I wanted. Everyone that I've talked to that's had one said it was one of the quietest recurves they've had.

Schafer Silvertip 60" 54@28
06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Okay, my opinion is going to be a little biased. A lot of people love their Tall Tines, including the Wensel brothers. I know a lot of guys at Tradgang love them. Personally, I have never shot one and never will. I wanted to shoot one at the Cleveland show, but the owner of TT and his buddy literally turned their backs to us. I have attended a fair amount of outdoors shows and shot A LOT of different bows, and never had a bad experience with an owner. I posted about this on Tradgang and they immediately deleted my post, but the post drew some attention and I had several guys PM or email me saying they had a bad experience with him as well(though their bad experiences with him were after they bought a bow from him). This alone is enough to make not want to shoot their bows. The owner of TT did contact me and try to make things right, but I feel it was just to save face. Either way, there are enough high quality bowers out there that are awesome people to deal with to keep me busy for a lifetime.
I am a big fan of Zipper bows, and Bill Dunn and his wife Tracy are awesome to deal with. I have handled the following bows and would not hesitate to shoot any of them: Zipper, Stalker, Bob Lee, Morrision, Brackenbury, Schaffer, Palmer, Hill Country, Dryad, A&H Archery, and of course Bears. I am sure there are others. If you are within driving distance of Wellsboro, Pa, make the trip to Denton Hill. There are more bows there than you could shoot in a weekend.
06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
I have a friend who ordered a Tall Tines and the bow was defective upon arrival. Tall Tines didn't seem too concerned about making things right with my friend. He told me that the customer service left much to be desired. Says he won't own another Tall Tines. Too many great bows from bowyers who are great to deal with.
02-26-2016, 11:36 AM
I had a custom TallTines for quite a while, Brian was great to deal with and made me a phenomenal bow that shot great.

I shot fairly heavy arrows (650 grains) and thought it was plenty quiet.

Unfortunately had to sell due to financial issues, but I'll be buying another one when I get the funds together.